Friday, March 4, 2011

MMMMMMmmmmmnom nom nom nom nom....

A week last Wednesday I went to the Hello Kitty cafe in Sinchon with Lara and JP. How to get there: take exit 3 of Sinchon Station and walk down a block towards Yonsei University, or alternatively exit 2 and walk out the underground passage way past Hyundai Department Store into the intersection. Turn right and walk until you see a Naughty Kitty (잘못돤 고양이) accessories store. Turn right again and walk a minute or two until you see the store. You won't be able to miss it, unless you are colourblind to the colour pink. This is their website: http://www.hellokittycafe.co.kr/


First impressions? It. Was. SO. Pink. And awesomely cute :) I'm not usually one for the girly girl stuff, but it was so overwhelmingly adorable that I couldn't help but "ooh! look at that!" at everything. There were even waffles shaped like Hello Kitty's head! After a huge budaejjigae lunch ('Soldier's Stew') full of spam, sausages, baked beans, elbow macaroni, ramen, corn and mushrooms I couldn't fit one in (budaejjigae is basically junk food stew and probably wouldn't taste nearly as good if it weren't for all the ingredients packed full of msg and additives), but Lara managed to push through the fullness for cutsie and thoroughly enjoyed hers. Here are some pics of us enjoying our thoroughly Kitty afternoon tea (there are more on facebook).


Contrary to his expression, JP actually really wanted to go!


Quote of the afternoon: "I don't mean to be racist, but black Hello Kitty really doesn't look as good as a white one" (yes, that was me, with my usual grasp of finesse).
We decided that for whatever reason, Hello Kitty also doesn't look good in profile - her huge head probably sets her off balance too much.

In other news, there is a new animated children's movie out called 'Rango' featuring a chameleon, so at the moment I'm all about chameleons. Which is not to say that I've forsaken my ultimate goal of a pet hedgehog either! I'm still trying to decide if I can scruple buying one when I'm leaving in a year (they are classed as foreign vermin in australia apparently so I don't think the Quarantine Inspection people would be too happy if I tried to smuggle one in in my pocket or suitcase). But I'm not going to lie.. I kind of want to see the movie...oh come on! Johnny Depp voices the chameleon and there are mexican singing owls in it! Who would NOT want to see it???? I also thought that this picture of a chameleon was cute and would be a good way to say goodbye to the working week and hello to the weekend ^_^



Here's the trailer if you want to see it :D

Have a great weekend everyone! I'll be showing off the Ju to one of my Busan buddies Nat so I know that we will :)

No comments:

Post a Comment